Educational Outreach and Services
Dawson can come visit your classroom, virtually or in person!
- Customized goals for your students, including curriculum infusion
- Topics available such as creative writing (poetry, playwright, fiction, publishing), English literature, and theatre.
- 15 years of experience, MS in Secondary Education and certified teacher.
- Has worked with Nebraska Arts Council, The Rose Theater, DePaul University, Nebraska Warriors Project, and many more.
Estes Park Writing Retreat (EPWR) is in its ninth year! A fully immersive four-day retreat in Colorado. Please inquire for further information.
Note: EPWR 2022 is now closed for registration.
Dawson is now taking additional clients for individual tutoring in creative writing.
- Fiction, playwriting, poetry, literature
- Certified teacher grades 7-12
- Experience ages 5 to adult
- Individually tailored goals, at least 1 hour a week
Dawson has worked as an educator and private tutor since 2006. She has presented on her educational curriculum at the Nebulas Conference, ICFA, and with other organizations. She runs the playwriting program at Circle Theatre, and is also a teaching artist with Nebraska Arts Council. With a certification in the state of Nebraska and an MS in Education, she is able to bring together not only your individual needs but also involve national and state standards to your student's learning goals.
Some examples of past work:
- Homeschool teacher for 3-4th grade for the 2020-2021 school year in literature, social studies/social activism, art, and writing.
- Private novel writing tutor
- Private playwriting tutor
- Drama department head
- Curriculum infusion specialist
- Corporate retreat workshop leader
- Guest lecturer for Wounded Warriors and University of Nebraska